About the client
Arts Umbrella is Canada’s pre-eminent visual and performing arts institute for young people, offering programs to thousands of children aged 2 – 19 throughout BC.
Arts Umbrella approached Tidal to re-design and rebuild their website, to improve interaction, usability and the functionality of the website.
Goals and Objectives
- Improve the design and structure - the new web site should be visually appealing and match current corporate identity guidelines. The site should also have a clear layout and be easy to navigate
- Ability to update web site - the new web site should contain a CMS (Content Management System) which will allow Arts Umbrella staff to make updates to the web site without any technical knowledge. Arts Umbrella wanted to manage 100% of their web site updates internally.
- Communicate the organizational story in a compelling manner - Arts Umbrella wanted to communicate its story through the new web site in an engaging manner. Secure Content - to develop a password protected user forum and intranet that allows teachers and students to interact with one another, share projects, provide feedback and interact with one-another online.
- A well received new design and navigation.
- Visitors on the new website spent more time on the site and reading 42% more content.
- Website traffic increased by 20% as a result. Abandonment rates decreased by 25%.
|Arts Umbrella was introduced to Tidal Multimedia over a year ago, as we began our search for the right web site partner. What impressed us with Tidal was their combination of strategic thinking, flexibility and enthusiasm – we felt confident of their abilities right from the beginning. They took the time to ask the right questions about our organization, getting to know our vast and varied needs. Since the early days of our project, Jason, Bart and their team have been phenomenal to work with – they have such positive energy and seem to truly enjoy what they do; it shows. The Tidal team is quick to respond and extremely patient, spending as much time as it takes to walk us through technical processes, etc. They never hesitate to take the lead in contacting our other suppliers, designers or IT directly as required, saving us (less technical types!) from frustration and confusion. The result of Arts Umbrella’s relationship with Tidal is a wonderful, new web site that truly represents our brand, while offering better functionality for those who maintain it and those who visit it. No small feat. Based on this experience, I would highly recommend Tidal Multimedia.
Director Marketing & Communications